Sunday, 23 November 2014

REVIEW: Rimmel Provocalips 16 HR Kiss Proof Lip Colour

Shade: 200 I'll Call You



So I recently picked up this lip duo after watching Amelia Liana rave about it in one of her videos. Not only was she selling it, I was obsessed with the cute packaging and immediately wanted to try it out.

If you haven't heard about this range, it is basically a lip gloss/lipstick on one end and a clear gel/gloss on the other which creates the 16 hour long hold.

Initially, on first application, it is very comfortable and easy to apply with great colour pay off. I thought I would test it out at work, where I work 9 hour shifts *insert crying face emoji* and thought to also see how it wears throughout my lunch break as well a.k.a where my lipstick usually smears all over my face, LOL.

After about 4 hours, I found it was still resting perfectly on my lips but had created an obvious line inside my lips, like where your lipstick usually feathers and felt quite drying. I topped it up just in the middle to disguise the obvious line and carried on. The colour was still opaque and bright as well at this point.

Similarly, after the 9 hours, the colour was still there albeit slightly dry looking and again with the obvious-inside-lip-thingy-line, which is my only gripe with this lippy. When I wear this again, I think it will be without the clear gloss on top as I'm quite happy topping my lipstick up during the day and especially since it is a beautiful shade, quite Kylie Jenner/ soar lipliner-esque. It is also a semi matte finish :)

Here are some swatches:

With flash




                                             



     Without flash                




















Thank you for reading :)
Share:
© Sakinahsays | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Developed by pipdig