Tuesday, 31 March 2015

Favourite LUXURY & DRUGSTORE Eyeshadow Palettes!




Above are my most used eye shadow palettes. As you can tell, I love my neutral shades and I feel most comfortable sporting a wearable smokey eye. I do have the odd turquoise shade going on in the above image and I will be filming a wearable way of how I wear a turquoise eye shadow in a forthcoming tutorial. ;)

First and foremost, my most favourite palette is the Charlotte Tillbury, 'Dolce Vita' Palette. It has a shimmery cream shade for the brow bone, a stunning burnt red shade with golden flecks running throughout as a transition shade, a medium brown shade with a subtle golden shimmer to deepen the crease. As well as a BEAUTIFUL golden glitter shade to 'pop' ( actual name of the shade) your entire eye look. For a demonstration click here :)


My beloved Lorac Pro Palette is a favourite with a full in depth blog post along with swatches here :) I love this palette because the shades are not overtly pigmented meaning you can just wack it on your eye without thinking you've slapped too much on. What I'm trying to say is, it is a fail safe eye shadow palette to use, blends out fairly easy along with beautiful, wearable shades. My favourite shades are the 'white' and 'pewter', which is a dupe for Mac 'Satin Taupe' eye shadow. All the shades correspond well with the others, so you can do a blown out smokey eye with this palette alone which is pretty awesome. 


The first ever high end palette I ever received was the original Naked palette from Urban Decay. It was a gift from a lovely friend of mine for my birthday and I was obsessed with the shade 'buck', which you can see below. I used the shade for my eyebrows which looking back now was wayy to light for my eyebrows! I love all the shades and I have worn all the shades besides the last two, 'creep' & 'gunmetal'. Urban Decay's eye shadows are one of the best out there, way ahead of Mac and other brands. They blend so easily and my favourite shades are, 'virgin', 'buck', 'smog' and 'half baked'.


My cheapest palettes are the 'Au Naturale' Sleek palette and the MUA 'winter forest' matte collection palette with a full review here. The MUA palette is one of the most pigmented eye shadow palettes I own and stand next to Urban Decay in terms of the pigmentation. SOO pigmented, way more than the Lorac Pro Palette and it is a must have. Absolutely love this palette and should be given more hype.
The Sleek palette is one I started off with and as you can see in the first image, it's been well loved. A fail safe palette, which every one loves. Pigmented, blendable and beautiful neutral shades. You can't go wrong.

I adore all of these palettes and any one of them will be well loved in anyone's make up collection. The drugstore palettes are just as amazing, if not better than the higher end palettes. My favourite part of make up is eye shadow, so all of these palettes are like my babies and I look after them as if they are! Thank you for reading and please follow :)
Share:

No comments

© Sakinahsays | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Developed by pipdig