Thursday, 17 September 2015

Is The BECCA JACLYN HILL 'CHAMPAGNE POP' HIGHLIGHTER WORTH IT???



I succumbed, I gave in to the hype, I surrendered to the Beauty Gods.

But was it worth it?

 I literally feel as if this past month I have just been buying highlighters, when I didn't really need to, and I'm kind of off purchasing make up at the moment. I feel since Autumn is here I really want to get Autumn fashion ready, so I am looking for the perfect boots, layering pieces and chunky knits etc!

But onto the product in question, is the Jaclyn Hill highlighter worth it? In short, NO. On my tanned skin tone it just looks like a regular golden highlight, a similiar finish I achieve with the KIKO or Laura Geller highlighter. What I do love about the Becca highlighter is that it is SO pigmented. Literally one light stroke of this product on my brush picks up SO much product, which NONE of my other products which is why I am reaching to this more than the others, also because of the hype surrounding it I am still glad I picked it up because it is a coveted make up product at the moment.

However, I made the purchase for this highlighter because it was meant to be Limited Edition and I ALWAYS miss out on limited edition products. So when I discovered it was going to be a permanent part of Becca's make up line, admittedly, I was dissappointed.

My eager and hastened purchase lacked the allure I initially anticipated.



Above is a shot taken with flash and you can see the highlighter has a peach tone but on my skin it appears more gold. Watch my recent video below to see how it looks (and please subscribe :)






The packaging itself does not excite me either. If it had more of a peachy or rose gold outer I may have liked it a bit more. It may sound shallow that the product itself should be appealing but I'm sure a lot of us beauty junkies would agree!


In short, don't be in a hurry to purchase this. If you are of a similar colouring to me it WILL appear like a regular gold highlighter. And for £30ish it's not worth the hype this time. Hope this helps xxx
Share:

No comments

© Sakinahsays | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Developed by pipdig