Friday, 8 January 2016

Winter Skincare Routine for COMBINATION SKIN.

Before Winter trembled upon us and ever so kindly graced its wrath upon us with treacherous rain and stormy winds, I knew I needed to switch up my skincare routine before the weather wreaked its havoc upon my skin.



As somebody who has sensitive/combination/acne prone skin, I am always trying to find products that work for me and which will help other girls who have similar skin concerns. My skin is mostly dry on my forehead and oily on my nose and chin area as well as this, I also have large pores next to my nose. 

If you have read my blog for quite a while, you will know that I am really into skincare because it lays the foundation for make up and allows me to be confident when I decide to not wear make up. Moreover, I recently stumbled upon REN's website after reading Lisa Eldridge's recommendations for effective brightening ingredients in skin products and anything Lisa says goes in my opinion! She is actual goals haha! As a result of this I remembered how much I loved their clay cleanser (review here) and since they had 30% off I decided to pick up a few products!

I purchased the REN Flash Rinse 1 Minute Facial which instantly energises and rejuvenates the skin through the use of the Vitamin C within this product. If you suffer from quite a dull, grey complexion this product is incredible. It's a nice little pick me up which actually works and results are instant! Also, after using this you get instant baby soft skin!

As well as this I also added the REN Glycolactic Radiance Renewal Mask- this is incredible for dry skin as it deeply exfoliates AND hydrates at the same time leaving radiant skin, which is much needed in winter. I leave this on for the recommended 10 minutes and my skin is visibly dewier and fresh.

Another REN product I picked up was the "ClariMatte, Invisible Pores Mask", which I use when I have worn makeup for a few days and just want something to deeply cleanse my skin. I also use this when my skin is looking a bit worse for wear and greasy as this product leaves the skin matte and shrinks the pores. I like to use this mask in the mornings before I apply my makeup as it leaves a squeky clean base for any make up you wish to apply.

Last but not least, is the Bobbi Brown 'Hydrating Eye Cream. I have become obsessed with eye creams, out of no where, just out of the blue because I do not want to see lines under my eyes when I wear concealer! It used to be the BANE of my life, but alas, not any more, and I do believe it is because I use this product religiously mornings and evenings and it hydrates the under eyes immensely. Also, I do think a good concealer is needed (AKA Urban Decay Naked Concealer). But I am impressed with this eye cream for once as I have tried so many and finally found a good one. It isn't amazing but does exactly what it says. Hydrates. Which is what I need. Lol.

Anyway, all of these products combined have left my winter, dry skin feeling and looking a lot radiant and dewier and these are all of the products which have helped me along the way.

Thank you for reading x




Share:

No comments

© Sakinahsays | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Developed by pipdig