Wednesday, 13 April 2016

Stuck in a rut..

It is currently a Thursday afternoon at precisely 2:30pm on a beautiful Spring day and yet I have never felt so stifled and stuck in a rut as I do now. The constant 'what if?' game has been running through my mind as of late and I can't help but keep thinking of when you get you wanted and not necessarily what you needed at the time and now the allure has rubbed off and you ponder why and what if? (longest sentence, I know.) Have I wasted all this time doing nothing? Were my parents right all this time? Probably..most bloody likely!

I remember when I was back at University, I had such ambition and drive and I don't know where that has dissipated nowadays. I feel lacklustre, disjointed and in a stump. I know everyone feels like this every now and then but as a 23 year old girl I am known to dramatise and theatrically over think and not actually do anything about it but. of course tell anyone and everyone who seems remotely interested!



However, in order to avoid feeling like this, I have set myself 5 goals to achieve to overcome this feeling.


  1. Exercise- Whenever I work out I feel SO much better. Physically and mentally; not only do you stimulate your body upon exercising, your body releases 'happy' or 'feel good' endorphins. I haven't been to the gym for nearly a month and with my at home running machine sitting right across from me, I need to jump back on it! (after writing this)
  1. Wake up telling yourself to be positive- I always say you put more energy in being in a bad mood and grumpy all day! Think of all you do have and those who have less than you.
  1. Wake up early- You get more done in the day which in turn makes you feel a lot happier.
  1. Actively doing what makes you happy- Whether that is dancing, singing or writing or taking photographs just do it. Who cares what everyone else thinks?
  1. Change- If you are not happy with how you look like, what your doing, your job. Seek to change that. Nobody else is going to do it for you, so you might as well start now!

I hope you have enjoyed todays write up. I was going to write another post on spring or something beauty related but whenever I write on how I'm feeling I always feel a sense of release and catharsis. Have you experienced feeling low and how did you change that feeling around?
xx 




Share:

No comments

© Sakinahsays | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Developed by pipdig